Narrato allows you to add team members, freelancers, clients, and other stakeholders to various user roles. The custom user roles provide selective access to content projects, giving you better control over which projects you want to share with your stakeholders.
Types of User Roles on Narrato
There are presently 4 different user roles on Narrato Workspace, apart from the Owner. Each of these roles has a different level of access to the workspace features and projects.
- Admin - Full workspace access except billing.
- Project Manager - Full access to the selected projects they are added to as a collaborator.
- Creator - Task access to assigned tasks only.
- Guest - Comment-only access to projects where the user is added as a collaborator
The workspace Owner has complete access to all projects, teams, and billing as well
How to assign user roles on Narrato
Adding new user roles
You can assign user roles when adding a new team member to your workspace. Here are the steps to follow.
- Go to the 'Team' tab on the left menu of your workspace.
- Click on 'Manage Team'. The list of all your existing team members on the platform appears here.
- Next, click on 'Invite Users'.
- In the pop-up that appears, enter the new team member's email.
- From the dropdown list, select a role.
- Once you've selected a role, click on send invite and the individual will receive an invitation via email.
You can also invite multiple team members at once.
Modifying existing user roles
You can also modify the user roles for people already added to your team on the workspace.
- Select the users for whom you want to modify the roles.
- Go to the actions menu at the top.
- Select 'Edit Role' and choose the new role you want to assign.
- Make the necessary changes.
- Save to apply the changes.
You can also make changes to individual users' roles by clicking on the team member's name, and clicking on the Edit button next to their user role.