Content templates on Narrato can help writers structure their content for different formats, be it blog posts, social media posts, website copy, newsletters, or others. You can create and save your own custom templates on Narrato and apply them to a content task as and when required.
How to use Custom Content Templates
- Modifying a template
- Applying a default template on Projects
- Setting default templates from the Templates page
- Applying a template to a content task
Step 1: Go to the 'Content Templates' tab under the Organize section
Our pre-created example templates will be available for all projects on Narrato here.
Step 2: Click on 'New template'
Add a name for the template.
Step 3: Add sections and details
And select from rich text, plain text, attachment or dropdown!
You can add a Section Title on each. You can also add word/character counts and a brief description for each section.
You can add sections for text or attachments (for images, graphics, etc.), choosing from the dropdown on the 'Add Content Section' button.
Once you've added all the sections and necessary details, you are done. The new template will appear in the Templates repository.
Modifying a template
To edit or modify an existing template, you can open the template and add or delete sections as needed. You can also move sections up or down to change the order.
Applying a default template on Projects
1. To add a default template to a project, open the project and click on "Settings".
2. Then, choose the new default template under Project Defaults. All content under that project will now follow the same structure.
Setting default templates from the Templates page
1. You can also add a template as default for one or more projects from the templates list. Click on the "Edit" icon against the template.
2. Choose the projects from the drop-down.
Applying a template to a content task
1. Open the content task and click on 'Apply template'.
2. Choose the template to apply.
You can apply a template to multiple content items at once too.
3. Go to the Project and select the content items you want to apply the template to. From the Actions dropdown, select Apply Template.
Templates are particularly helpful for website development projects to get structured input from copywriters and designers.
Here's a video explaining how to work with custom templates on Narrato.