With the WordPress publishing integration, you can connect your WordPress blog and website accounts to save, schedule or publish content from Narrato Workspace directly. You can also copy the HTML of your content from Narrato’s editor – a useful feature when publishing content on other CMSes.
How to use WordPress publishing
Publishing directly from Narrato is easy. All you have to do is connect your blog to your project from the Projects Menu, and authorize Workspace to publish on your behalf.
Step 1: Go to the “Settings” tab under the Projects menu.
On your Workspace, go to the menu on the left and click on the 'Settings' icon.
Then, go to the "Publishing" section.
Select the option to "Connect an account".
Choose "WordPress" from the drop-down.
Step 2: Enter the URL of your blog.
Make sure to log in to your WordPress website/blog and install Application Passwords plugin to generate an application password/token to authenticate API calls (Note: Please ignore this step if you are using WordPress 5.6 or higher).
Then enter your WordPress website/blog URL on the Workspace and click on 'Next'.
Step 3: Authorize the connection through the WordPress dashboard
This will redirect you to your WordPress dashboard. To authorize the connection, go to your WordPress dashboard and approve the new connection request.
Step 4: Click on “Connect”
Now, on your Narrato Workspace, click on 'Confirm & Proceed'. The new connection to your WordPress account is successfully added.
Linking projects to your WordPress account
You can link all or some of your projects to a connected WordPress account.
1. Under the Publishing tab, choose between 'All Projects' or 'Selected Projects'.
2. To link selected projects, type in the project name and Confirm.
All your connected WordPress accounts will be visible under Workspace settings.
3. You can add or remove linked projects on a connected WordPress account by clicking on the "Edit" icon.
4. Add or remove linked projects on a connected WordPress account and save.
Publishing content on your WordPress site
You can publish content to your WordPress site/blog either from the All Content page under a linked project or directly from the content task page.
1. To publish from All Content, select the content items to publish.
2. From the Actions dropdown select Publish/Save Content.
3. A pop-up appears where you can choose the WordPress account where you want to publish, Content type (Post/Page), and Post Status (Save as Draft/Publish/ Schedule).
Click on Save Content to push the content to the connected WordPress account.
4. To publish directly from a content task page, go to the left menu on the page and click on the 'Publish' tab.
5. Follow the same steps as above.
Copying HTML of content from Narrato
You can also copy the HTML text of your content from Narrato. On the top right of the content task page, click on the 'Share' button and choose 'Copy HTML'.
Here's a quick video explaining the whole WordPress publishing process on Narrato.